Terms and Conditions
Art Asia Imports is not only the business, rather an effort to give the values to the hand artwork of talented artists of India and promote their products all over the world. Each part is made individually for one item and most of the work done by hand. And hence there are probabilities of variations on carving designs & finish. These products are not made on machines in hundreds of pieces together. Which makes a limitation in the return/replacement policies. Plus such a high-valued beautiful piece of art made by hard-working people doesn't deserve to go into the trash or being useless in the corner of a house just because of minor issues. We are very thankful to our clients to understand the values of such artwork and support our team.
We support our customers and assist them anytime however have to work with certain terms and conditions mentioned below.
1. Our products are warranted against any technical or manufacturing defect for up to 6 months after supply. This includes any damage in transit and the missing of the part.
2. As explained above, due to the type of products, the way & where they are made and the work & services involved to get them to the customers, these products are non-refundable once shipped/picked up.
3. For any damage/defect, the item/part will be replaced OR repaired depending on the part & nature of the defect. If the damage is on a small detachable part of a product, we provide the replacement of that piece. If the damage is on a portion of a big part which can’t be detached (for example, a corner of a big swing panel/sofa frame is chipped off), it has to be repaired locally by the customer, we can provide assistance. In case if the damage needs repair by an outside person/professional, we reimburse the cost up to a reasonable amount only after our approval of the cost.
4. Scratches, paint chip off, wood chip off, dents and hairline cracks are common issues in any handcrafted items. These are actually not considered as damage. In fact, they don't affect the strength & functionality of the product. These issues can easily be resolved by paint touch-ups and if needed by filling the cracks with wood filler. Paint chip off is very normal in Sankheda products. Customers are advised to take care of these touch-ups and we assist them. Paint touch up is mostly done by permanent markers available in most colors at art shops like Michael. Wood fillers & brown stains are available at the shops like Home Depot & Walmart. Even these are not costly, we are ready to pay the charges.
5. Hairline cracks & gaps are common in any natural solid wood furniture even made locally. Even the wood is properly treated and dried, there are always chances of moisture inside. This moisture tries to come out as it dries which creates the cracks. Even these cracks/gaps don't affect the strength/functionality of the item, it still can affect the look especially if it is on front. In such scenarios, wood fillers with glue are to be used to fill up the gap then touched up with paint or stain. Again, we are ready to reimburse the cost of these materials.
6. Sometimes, there can be issues of balancing mainly in the swings. These can happen either due to an uneven floor or one of the legs shorter or bigger. In most of this case, this issue gets resolved automatically on its own after using it for a couple of days. Sometimes putting a felt / pad is useful if there is much variation.
7. Sometimes there can be an issue of misalignment of holes/groves. The probability is very less as each item is first assembled to put the number of stickers before the parts are assembled. Still, chances are not ignored. In most cases, a manual adjustment resolves the issue. If there is a big variation in the alignment and a handy person is needed, we are ready to reimburse the charges.
8. The fabric design pattern keeps changing in the market, hence there are possibilities of a different fabric than shown on site. Most items it is mentioned on the site, also the fabric picture is shown. However, we are trying our best to maintain the shade of the fabric. Customers should contact us if any doubt about the fabric.
9. In cases where some damage needs to be resolved by local repair, but the customer doesn’t agree/wants a replacement, we may consider it depending on the part and the type of damage. However, there can be additional charges along with shipping cost (both ways) and customs charges if involved.
10. For custom orders, once the order is confirmed and the advance is paid, the amount is not refundable and the order can't be canceled. However, we can try to help customer to find another option if possible.
11. For custom order items, it may take 3 – 6 months for delivery depending on when the next shipment comes. Normally, all our shipments are on time as per schedule; however, there could be a delay due to natural causes, delays by the carriers, customs or some issues at our manufacturing facility. There is no refund/reimbursement due to such delays neither the orders can be canceled.
12. Normally we keep stock of small items like hardware with us and can ship in a week if needed. Some small replacement part if needed to be made in India and shipped directly by courier, it may take 2-3 weeks depending on the part. Sometimes there can be delays due to some events, festivals, natural causes or any unavoidable circumstances. There will be no reimbursement in such scenarios.
13. For replacement of bigger parts, the customer will need to wait till our next shipment arrives. This may take 2 to 6 months depends when the shipment is scheduled. If a customer is ready to pay the courier charges for such items/parts, we can arrange at the actual shipping cost.
14. For local door deliveries within North America, we use carriers like FedEx/UPS/XPO. There could be delays in the delivery by these carriers for any reason at their end. Art Asia is not responsible for such delays.
15. Very rarely but there are chances of missing a part/box when delivered by the carrier. It is our responsibility to resolve this issue. Most of the time they are delivered the next day. However, if the box is lost, we have to wait for at least a week till carrier checks at all terminal to find it. If they are unable to find and is declared as a lost package, we will provide the replacement of that part either from our regular stock OR need to arrange from India. This may take few weeks if arranged from India. In such circumstances, even though we are responsible to contact the carrier and follow up, the customer should also follow up from their end. This will help to expedite the search.