Where is Art Asia Imports located? Is there any shop / showroom OR display at warehouse?
Art Asia Imports is a Canadian company with its warehouse based in Buffalo, NY in USA. We don't sell through any shop / showroom and there is no any display anywhere in US / Canada. We supply all over the USA & Canada directly from our warehouse.
Does Art Asia Imports deliver in any part of US / Canada? How the order is shipped and how much time it take for delivery?
Art Asia provide door delivery to any part of US & Canada. All the orders are shipped through UPS / FedEx. Normally, we ship in 1 to 2 weeks after the order confirmation. It may then take 3-10 days for delivery, depending on the location.
How can we trust Art Asia to order online?
- Art Asia Imports is established in 2005 and has been supplying all over the USA & Canada since then.
- Art Asia Imports can be found in TV ads, newspapers, magazines and can also be found at the top of Google search rankings. You may talk to us at 905-963-1294 if you have any doubts / questions.
- We have our customers mostly in all towns and cities in US / Canada.
- Our testimonial page shows the remarks from many of our valued clients. These remarks are true and posted in their own words without any exageration. You may contact our customers for references if needed.
Why should we consider buying from Art Asia Imports instead of buying directly from India?
There are a few points to be considered before making this decision.
- Art Asia Imports is a local company based in US / Canada and hence can provide instant delivery and after-sales services.
- Art Asia Imports has a warehouse based in Buffalo, NY and keep huge stock of all the items shown on the website. Hence the delivery can be made immediately after the order is placed unless the item is sold out.
- Being based in North America, we are aware of the quality standards of countries like the USA & Canada. We use high-quality material in all areas and follow any all rules and regulations specified by the government. For example, the USA and many European countries banned the use of plywood which doesn't meet the standards set for the emission of Formaldehyde and is not certified by TSCA. This certificate is for low emission of Formaldehyde up to 0.05 ppm. Formaldehyde is a glue the emission of this can be harmful to human health and the environment. We use this certified plywood which is imported into India from Finland / Russia because it is not manufactured there.
- There is no need to make advance payment and wait months for delivery, and do follow-ups unless it is a custom made item.
- Customers receive exactly what they have ordered with no surprises.
- There is no need to pay anything extra for customs & duty and even no need to take any such hassles. Most suppliers in India are not aware of the local charges of custom clearance and transportation from seaport to home which contributes 60% of total shipping cost.
- There are many hidden shipping charges when order is delivered directly from India. Art Asia Imports, there are no additional charges, you just pay what you see online.
- Art Asia Imports gives a warranty for any defective, damaged, or wrong parts, and resolves/replaces without any additional cost. We always stand behind our products, whether it's in warranty or not, and provide the best assistance whenever needed.
- Last but most important, our customer service is highly appreciated by all customers and we are proud of this.
Do you have any sales, promotions, or discounts at anytime?
Since we are supplier and supply directly from our warehouse, our prices are already at the warehouse rate, almost close to wholesale prices. We work with minimum margins and hence there is no room for further discounts. Hence, we never go for any sales or promotions. Sometimes, we offer discounts on some items if it is to be cleared off / discontinued.
What are the payment options?
Payment can be made by any credit or debit card while placing the order online. There is no option of cheque/cash in person. For information for US customers, few banks like Bank of America charge foreign transaction fees. Most of the bank these days don't any charge as the use of online purchase has gone up. Clients are advised to check with their bank before choosing which card to use.
Are there any customs duty & taxes or any other charges to be paid extra?
There is no duty in addition to the price & shipping for delivery anywhere in the US / Canada. Neither customers have to get involved in any customs hassles.
There is no any tax for delivery anywhere in the USA. However, there will be GST / HST charges for delivery in Canada as per the rate in the province.
These days people buy lots of items online and hence most banks don't charge any foreign transaction fee. However, some back like Bank of America may charge this fee. Please check with your bank before you choose the card to pay.
Can anyone come to the warehouse to pick up goods and pay in person?
There is no option to pick up the order from the warehouse. However in some circumstances, we can arrange to pick up from our Buffalo warehouse but first, you need to place the order online with full payment, we will then refund the shipping amount. You will need need to confirm with us in advance to set up the date and time. We will provide you with an address and directions.
What if an item is sold out? When it will be available?
If any item is sold out, the item detail page will show the availability status of that item and also the time when it is going to be available. There is an option to put your email address in the box so that you will receive a notification email when the item arrives.
Does Art Asia Imports arrange deliveries in other parts of world?
Yes, with our manufacturing & export setup located in Gujarat& Rajasthan in India, we supply all over world. However there may be certain conditions regarding the minimum order value. Plus, our shipping charges / options might be different. You need to contact us with the details of the items you are interested to order.
What are the types of wood used, its reaction in North American weather, and is there any warranty on the wood?
All of our main furniture & swing products are made in TEAK wood, from India. Decoratives like Jharokha & vase stands are made in mango or neem wood of Rajasthan, India. Indian TEAK is well renowned for its strength & durability. Because of the presence of natural oil in it, they are highly resistant to moisture, termites & other insects, and can resist extreme weather conditions. However, all our products are for indoor use only and are well suitable for the indoor weather of the US / Canada. Since these are all-natural solid wood (non-engineered or machine-made) they have tendency to contract/expand as they dry, which sometimes might result in slight bending or even hairline cracks. These kinds of hairline cracks don’t affect the strength of the item and neither its functionality. Such cracks can easily be filled up by wood filler and with touch-ups.
What are some common issues with handcrafted products like ours?
Even though we take many precautions while manufacturing and packaging our products, there may be some issues that are common to any handicraft products. However, these can be resolved very easily and must be done by the customer. We will provide full assistance to our customers. These issues are listed below.
- Scratches, paint chip off (especially in Sankheda products), wood chip off, dents and hairline cracks are common in any handcrafted items which are made with natural wood. These are not considered as damage. In fact, they don't affect the strength & functionality of the product. These issues can easily be resolved by paint touch-ups and if needed by filling the cracks with wood filler. Paint touch-up is mostly done by permanent markers available in most colors at any art shops like Michael. Wood fillers & brown stains are available at shops like Home Depot & Walmart. These are not costly, but we are ready to cover the charges.
- Hairline cracks & gaps are common in any natural solid wood furniture. Even when the wood is properly treated and dried, there are always chances of traces of moisture inside. This moisture tries to come out as it dries which creates the cracks. These cracks/gaps don't affect the strength/functionality of the item. If such cracks are visible touch-ups and wood fillers can be used to hide.
- Sometimes, there can be issues of balancing mainly in the swings. These can happen either due to an uneven floor or legs. In most of this case, this issue gets resolved automatically on its own after using it for a couple of days. Sometimes putting a felt pad under the legs is useful if there is much variation.
- Despite each item is fully assembled and tested before being packed, there is a probability of misalignment of hole/groove. In most cases, a manual adjustment resolves the issue. If the misalignment is too big and the part doesn’t get connected and there may be need of a handy person we reimburse the charges.
- The fabric design pattern keeps changing in the market. Hence there is a possibility that the actual fabric is different than shown in the product picture.
Is there any warranty / return policy? What to do if there is any damage / breakage in the item?
All of our products are fully warranted against any manufacturing & technical defects for up to 6 months. However, we provide full support to customers if there is an issue even after the warranty period.
The order can't be cancelled once it is shipped.
Due to the nature of our products, there is no return policy for any damage / defect. However, it is our responsibility to resolve any such issue. Depending on the item, and the type of damage, we provide assistance on how the issues can be resolved. If the damaged part is small and detachable, we can provide replacement. If the part is big and / or non detachable we provide full assistance how to repair / resolve the issue. For certain damage, if needs professional repair, we reimburse the repair charges, up to a reasonable amount only after our approval of the cost.
If any detachable small part needs to be replaced and is not available with us, it may need to be shipped from India which may take a couple of weeks. For big parts, it may take more time as it needs to be made and bring here in our next shipment.
The most common damages are scratches, chip off and hairline cracks. These kinds of damages are very normal. They don't affect the strength and functionality of the item and can easily be repaired by simple touch up / wood filling. Hairline cracks are common on any natural wood item. Even on any nicely treated & seasoned wood item, the crack may develop due to the moisture content inside, especially in the thicker parts. These cracks can easily be filled up with wood filler and touched up.
For touch-ups, we advise customers to use permanent markers available at any art shop like Michael. Wood filler are available at many local shops like Home Depot. We pay for these materials.
As mentioned earlier, our products are not refundable. However, in the event of any dispute and we have agreed to accept a return or get a replacement of the item, the customer has to repack the item in the same packing wrap and box properly and be responsible for any damage in transit. Replacement/refund can be issued only when we receive the item in a safe condition and then agree to do so. All the return shipping and re-shipping (if needed) charges are paid by the customer.
For full details about our policy, please refer to our terms & conditions.